The Embassy of Brazil in Pretoria is seeking to recruit a cook for the Ambassadors residence. This position comes with an excellent salary package and offers a unique opportunity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Matric certificate
- Culinary Certificate or Diploma ( 2- 3 years)
- Previous experience as a personal chef, sous-chef or head chef in a similar environment
- Fluent (written and spoken) English
- Knowledge and ability to communicate in Portuguese is an advantage
- Knowledge of Brazilian cuisine is important
- Food safety knowledge and practice is vital
- Must be able to innovate and introduce local and global trends in the culinary field
- Must be able to work independently and work under pressure
- Confidentiality is expected
This position is placed on behalf of the Embassy of Brazil. To apply and for more information click here to download the job listing
All applicants must read the full job posting and apply by clicking below
Stephen is a hospitality professional from Johannesburg South Africa. His career started with THF hotels in the UK and subsequently with the Southern Sun Hotel group in Johannesburg. Hickmore Recruitment / CareerMap, is a leading supplier of Senior and Exec recruitment services for the hospitality industry in Southern Africa. Stephen recently added career change services, headlining as CareerMap, to assist job applicants. Stephen is a founder and business developer of Pple Hospitality (formerly HSC) the largest Hospitality Industry full-service outsourced staffing company in South Africa. In March 2020 Stephen became a director and part-owner of the Swiss Hotel School South Africa. Stephen writes for a number of publications on food and hospitality industry matters, trends and opinions.