Why career mapping and mentorship works.
Consulting with a specialist career manager / mentor over a series of meetings, can make a significant contribution in achievement of your career goals.
Here are the main benefits of having Stephen Hickmore in your corner:
- I will give you a better understanding of yourself from a career and work perspective.
- I will help you identify the right role and employer profile so you will thrive.
- I help you focus on the next stage of your career
- I will provide you with an unbiased external perspective.
- I will help you implement a successful job search program.
- I can help you settle into a new role quickly after a career break.
- I will teach you how to market yourself and your skills effectively.
- I will help you gain confidence through interview preparation sessions.
- I will help you stay positive during a break in employment.
Typical outcomes of successful career mentorship include:
- A higher salary package, which may not have been your priority.
- Successful business start-up.
- Development of a ‘stand-out’ social media strategy.
- Achieving further career development within your current organisation.
- Improved relationships with your colleagues and bosses.
- Reduction of stress and improved home life.
- A clear and defined pathway.
Stephen is a hospitality professional from Johannesburg South Africa. His career started with THF hotels in the UK and subsequently with the Southern Sun Hotel group in Johannesburg. Hickmore Recruitment / CareerMap, is a leading supplier of Senior and Exec recruitment services for the hospitality industry in Southern Africa. Stephen recently added career change services, headlining as CareerMap, to assist job applicants. Stephen is a founder and business developer of Pple Hospitality (formerly HSC) the largest Hospitality Industry full-service outsourced staffing company in South Africa. In March 2020 Stephen became a director and part-owner of the Swiss Hotel School South Africa. Stephen writes for a number of publications on food and hospitality industry matters, trends and opinions.